- I am an alien whose country has an immigration reciprocity agreement with the Philippines. I am also married to a Filipino. Am I qualified to apply for permanent resident visa?
Yes, under the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940, Section 13 (a) you are eligible for permanent residency in the Philippines. This visa is issued to an alien on the basis of his valid marriage to a Philippine citizen.
To qualify for this visa, the applicant must prove that:
- He contracted a valid marriage with a Philippine citizen.
- The marriage is recognized as valid under existing Philippine laws.
- There is no record of any derogatory information against him in any local or foreign law enforcement agency.
- He is not afflicted with any dangerous, contagious or loathsome disease.
- He has sufficient financial capacity to support a family and will not become a public burden.
- He was allowed entry into the Philippines and was authorized by Immigration authorities to stay.
NOTE: This visa is only available to citizens of a country which grants permanent residence and immigration privileges to Philippine citizens.
- What countries have reciprocity agreement with the Philippines?
The following countries are those that grant permanent residence and immigration privileges to Filipinos:
*Limited to Filipinas married of these nationals
**Provided that the marriage took place before 24 April 2001 or the couple has been married for at least five years.