- What is a temporary visitor’s visa?
Temporary Visitor’s Visa is available to foreign nationals who are traveling to the Philippines for these common purposes:
- Pleasure – for holiday or leisurely stay
- Business – may be of commercial, industrial/professional character but must be temporary in nature e.g. those who are attending international conferences, here to negotiate contracts and attend business meetings
- Health – provided not contagious, loathsome and/or dangerous diseases
- What are the different types of temporary visitor’s visa?
There are two (2) classifications of Temporary Visitor’s Visa by mode of admission:
- Non-visa Required Nationals
- Foreign nationals under E.O. 408, as amended, admissible for thirty (30) days initial stay
- Temporary visitor’s visa admissible for fifty nine (59) days
- Visa Upon Arrival under Memorandum Circular No. MCL-08-003
- Visa Upon Arrival VA thirty (30) days
- Group Tour (Memorandum Order No. AFFJr. 05-012)
- Pro-Investment Visa (Memorandum Circular No. MCL-07-004)
- Foreign nationals under E.O. 191 admissible for seven (7) days
- Letter of Instruction (LOI) 911 admissible for seven (7) days
- Balikbayan (RA 6768 as amended by RA 9174) admissible for 1 year
- Visa Required Nationals who are admissible with entry visa
- Where can I apply for a temporary visitor’s visa?
A foreign national may apply for a Temporary Visitor’s Visa at a Philippine Foreign Service Post at his/her country of origin or place of legal residence.