Home

About

News

Visas

FAQs

Contact us

Search

Search our Site

  • MANILA, Philipines--The Bureau of Immigration will ban from re-entering the country two Korean nationals for attempting to facilitate the departure of 13 undocumented overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) they allegedly illegally recruited to work in Malaysia. Bureau of Immigration port operations division chief Grifton Medina said the Koreans were reportedly identified by their victims as responsible for arranging and shouldering their expenses. Said victims were recently intercepted at the Clark International Airport (CIA) in Angeles City, Pampanga. Medina said he has recommended to Bureau of Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente to include the Koreans, identified as Lee Jeong Seop and Pyun Jung Su, in the Bureau of Immigration blacklist to prevent them from returning to the Philippines and recruit more victims.“We are sending a stern warning to foreigners that they should not abuse their privilege and violate the conditions of their stay here by engaging in illegal activities such as recruitment and human trafficking,” Medina stated.He added that the trick employed by the aliens in facilitating their victims’ departure will not work as “it will not escape the attention of our immigration officers who are adept in detecting schemes to spirit human trafficking victims out of the country.” It was learned that Lee allegedly arranged the travel of eight of the victims who were stopped at the Clark airport last July 16 as they were about to board a flight of Jetstar Airways to Singapore en route to their final destination in Kuala Lumpur. The passengers, who were disguised as tourists, admitted that they were hired by Lee to work as English instructors for Korean students in Malaysia. A check of the BI’s travel database showed that the eight passengers were already stopped from leaving the CIA last July 14 when they were intercepted before they could board a Scoot Airlines flight to Singapore. On the other hand, the five other victims were intercepted last July 22 as they were being accompanied by Pyun in boarding a Cebu Pacific flight to Hongkong. The passengers, all women, said they were supposed to proceed to Korea where they were recruited by Pyun to work as nightclub entertainers. Verification of their travel records revealed that three of the women were also previously stopped from leaving the country for failure to explain their purpose of travel. The victims were later turned over to the Inter-Agency Council Against Trafficking (IACAT) for further investigation. 

Our Location

Magallanes Dr, Intramuros, Manila, 1002 Metro Manila

Contact Us Today
Bureau of Immigration Main Office Magallanes Dr,
Intramuros, Manila, 1002 Metro ManilaPhilippines
Direct Line (+632) 524-3769
Trunkline (+632) 465-2400