The Bureau of Immigration (BI) said its port personnel barred 180 aliens from entering the country last year for being rude and disrespectful to immigration officers. Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente said the number of rude aliens turned back in 2019 was slightly higher than the 133 foreigners who were barred in 2018. In 2017, 129 were turned back for the same cause.
CEBU, Philippines—Bureau of Immigration (BI) officers at the Mactan-Cebu International Airport (MCIA) rescued 17 suspected human trafficking victims who were illegally recruited to work as household service workers (HSW) in the Middle East. Bureau of Immigration Port Operations Division Chief Grifton Medina said the female passengers disguised as tourists were intercepted on Oct. 16 and 17 before they could board their flights to Hongkong and Macau en route to their final destinations in the United Arab Emirates and Qatar.
The Bureau of Immigration (BI) announced on Wednesday the hiring of 100 immigration officers to man the international airports and seaports nationwide. Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente shared that the hiring is part of the agency’s drive to strengthen border control and improve its services to the traveling public. "We see the lack of manpower as one of the primary impediments in delivering a more efficient government service.
The Bureau of Immigration (BI) said its officers at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) thwarted another attempt by a syndicate to spirit seven human trafficking victims out of the country. Bureau of Immigration port operations division chief Grifton Medina said the victims, all women, were intercepted last Thursday at the departure area of the NAIA 3 terminal as they were about to board a Cebu Pacific flight to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.
Read more at : https://borderops.ph/news/press-release/969-the-bureau-of-immigration-bi-ninoy-aquino-international-airport-naia-saved-seven-human-trafficking-victims
Bureau of Immigration intercept two more Korean fugitives at NAIA The Bureau of Immigration (BI) intercepted at Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) two more Korean fugitives who are wanted for fraud in their country. Bureau of Immigration Port Operations Chief Grifton Medina said that the two Koreans were intercepted separately at NAIA Terminal 3 last Aug. 14 and 16 by operatives from the Bureau’s Border Control and Intelligence Unit (BCIU). POD Chief Medina said that the passengers were apprehended after their names appeared in the registered Bureau of Immigration Interpol database, which is linked with the bureau’s computer system, showing that they have derogatory records.
“Because of this incident we were able to thwart an attempt by these trafficking syndicates to spirit their victims out of the country. They mistakenly thought that we are less strict in screening passengers departing in our ports outside of Manila,” Medina added.
MANILA — The Philippines deported Friday 270 Chinese nationals, including those wanted for investment scams, gambling den workers, and illegal and overstaying aliens, the Bureau of Immigration said. Immigration police aided by the Chinese police and Embassy, arrested the fugitives, some of them in Metro Manila's Ortigas business district, the bureau said.
China chartered 3 commercial flights to bring the group back to Xiamen, said BI port division chief Grifton Medina. The deportees are permanently banned from entering the Philippines, he said. The Philippines has seen a spike in the arrival of Chinese tourists and workers since President Rodrigo Duterte came to power in mid-2016 and immediately set about warming relations with Beijing. The influx has had a mixed impact in the Philippines, with authorities suspecting many of the arrivals are working illegally in the online gambling industry.
PASAY, Philippines— Bureau of Immigration Chief Grifton Medina."Our immigration officers found numerous inconsistencies in their statements. They all eventually admitted having United Arab Emirates (UAE) visas in their possession and that their final destination is Dubai where they were recruited to work as household service workers.". Four undocumented overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) hired to work as household service workers (HSW) in Dubai were stopped at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) for attempting to leave for Bangkok in the guise of being tourists, the Bureau of Immigration (BI) said.
MANILA — Naaresto ang 4 na puganteng Chinese sa magkahiwalay na operasyon sa Pasay at Taguig City, sinabi ng Bureau of Immigration (BI) ngayong Miyerkoles. Hinarang ng mga awtoridad ang kararating pa lang na si Liang Yang sa Ninoy Aquino International Airport nitong Setyembre 13 dahil sa kasong forgery sa China, ayon kay BI Port Operations chief Grifton Medina. Agad din aniyang isinakay sa flight pabalik ng China si Liang na nahaharap sa arrest warrant mula sa municipal public security bureau ng Qinhuangdao City, Hebei province. Samantala, naaresto naman ang 3 pang Chinese na may kasong kidnapping at obstruction of justice sa isang high-rise building sa Bonifacio Global City sa Taguig nitong Lunes, ayon kay BI Acting Intelligence Chief Fortunato Manahan Jr. Dinakip aniya sina Shi Chun Tan, Cai Rong Li at Li Shao Bai sa bisa ng mission order na inilabas ng ahensya sa hiling ng Chinese government. Kanselado na ang pasaporte ng 3 dayuhang ilalagay sa blacklist upang hindi na makabalik sa Pilipinas, dagdag ni Manahan.
The Bureau of Immigration (BI) said it will be deporting another American fugitive wanted by US federal authorities for drug possession and human trafficking. Bureau of Immigration Commissioner Jaime H. Morente identified the fugitive as 43-year-old Corey West Glenn, who was arrested last Sunday in Makati City by operatives from the Bureau of Immigration’s Fugitive Search Unit (FSU). Commissioner Morente said that Corey West Glenn will be deported “for being an undesirable alien whose presence here poses a risk to public safety and security.”
The Bureau of Immigration (BI) recently intercepted seven passengers about to leave the country without the necessary work permits. Bureau of Immigration port operations division chief Grifton Medina said five workers bound for Malaysia were found to have been hired by an agency already suspended by the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration.
He added that Poland was the final destination of these workers who were hired as factory workers. Two workers were also prevented from boarding their flight to Hong Kong after they were caught in possession of fake overseas employment certificates, or exit clearance.
According to Bureau of Immigration Port Operations Division Chief Grifton Medina " ban applies to all newly-hired household service workers (HSWs) recruited for deployment to the said Middle Eastern emirate." The Bureau of Immigration (BI) announced that it has started implementing the government ban on the deployment of newly-hired domestic workers to Kuwait. According to BI acting port operations division chief Grifton Medina, immigration officers in the different international ports have been instructed to strictly enforce the ban imposed by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).
PASAY, Philippines—The Bureau of Immigration (BI) announced that they are implementing an expanded travel ban to include the North Gyeongsang Province, Daegu and Cheongdo in South Korea amidst the Covid-2019 outbreak. According to Bureau of Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente, said expansion follows the recommendation of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (EID) to include banning of inbound and outbound travel from said region.
An Iranian fugitive wanted for an assault and battery case was intercepted by immigration officers upon her arrival at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) last Thursday. Bureau of Immigration (BI) Port Operations Chief Grifton Medina said 31-year-old Zare Bahari Bahareh was immediately excluded hours after she arrived at the NAIA terminal 3 aboard a Cebu Pacific flight from Dubai. Medina said Zare Bahari, who was a respondent to an assault and battery case in Dagupan City was intercepted by Bureau of Immigration men upon seeing that her name had a hit on their derogatory database.
According to BI NAIA Terminal 3 head Bradford Allen So, Zare Bahari was excluded as she was the subject of a red notice from Interpol. So likewise disclosed that during the implementation of Zare Bahari’s exclusion, another Iranian national identified as Minbashi Moeini Morteza approached immigration officials at the arrival area.
PASAY, Philippines—the Bureau of Immigration (BI) announced the arrest of more than 500 aliens in a raid of an illegal Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company in Pasay City. According to Bureau of Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente, a total of 542 aliens were arrested yesterday evening at the Millenium Building through the joint intelligence operations of the Bureau of Immigration, the Philippine National Police National Capital Region Police Office (PNP NCRPO), and the Armed Forces of the Philippines in coordination with the Chinese Embassy. The arrested aliens were mostly male and made up of 442 Chinese, 23 Vietnamese, 25 Malaysians, 3 Indonesians, 45 Burmese, and 4 Taiwanese. “They were arrested for working without permit and for being undocumented aliens,” said Morente. Fortunato Manahan, Jr., Chief of the Bureau of Immigration Intelligence Division revealed details of the operations. “The foreigners were involved in some sort of telecommunications fraud, similar to budol-budol,” he shared. “But their victims are mostly from mainland China,” he added. Meanwhile, Morente clarified the role of the Bureau of Immigration in arresting aliens. “If the alien committed a criminal act, it is under the jurisdiction of the local authorities,” said Morente. “But if we see that there is an immigration violation, we may charge for deportation separately,” he added. The clarification was given by Morente following questions on the role of Bureau of Immigration in arresting foreign nationals. He likewise discussed the procedure of deportation. “It is within our policy not to implement deportation unless local cases are cleared already. If the alien needs to serve time in our local jails then so be it, this is to ensure the full effect of justice,” he shared. Morente then reiterated his warning to erring foreign nationals. “We welcome foreigners to visit the Philippines—work here, live here, study here, retire here, we welcome aliens as long as they comply with our laws,” he said. “Follow our laws or face deportation,” he warned. The aliens are currently detained with the NCRPO in Bicutan, Taguig.
More than 500 foreigners working across six unidentified companies have had their working visas canceled for allegedly submitting fraudulent documents, the Bureau of Immigration announced today. In a statement posted to the Bureau of Immigration Facebook page, the agency said they discovered the fraudulent paperwork after performing two audits. In the first, 469 foreigners working at four companies had their visas canceled. In the second, 59 foreigners working at two other businesses joined the ignominious club.
The workers allegedly submitted fake Alien Employment Permits (AEP), a document issued by the Department of Labor and Employment that is required by the Bureau of Immigration when applying for a working visa. The foreign nationals involved were found to have violated Section 37 of the Philippine Immigration Act, which prohibits misrepresentation or fraud. Among those with their visas canceled were 259 Indians, 230 Chinese, 14 South Koreans, 11 Japanese, five Taiwanese, three Vietnamese, a German, a Burmese, a Nigerian, a Nepalese, a Sudanese, and a Yemeni.
The 528 foreigners will be deported from the country and blacklisted from returning, while the permits of the Bureau of Immigration-accredited agents who processed will also be revoked. Aside from canceling the visas in question, the Bureau of Immigration will bring a case against the six companies involved for allowing the fake AEPs, though it was not immediately clear what sort of fine or other sanctions they face.
This was according to Bureau of Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente that they tightens their watch to airport operations by implementing internal movement and coordinating with other agencies. The full story is below.
Bureau of Immigration (BI) agents have arrested a Korean national wanted by authorities in Seoul for swindling two compatriots of more than 100 million won, or roughly P4.4 million. Bureau of Immigration fugitive search unit chief Bobby Raquepo said 49-year-old Kim Sang Wook was arrested in Malvar Street, Malate, Manila last Tuesday
Bureau of Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente issued the arrest warrant against the alien upon the request of the Korean embassy in Manila. Raquepo said that a Korean court had issued an arrest warrant against Kim, who is a teacher for defrauding his victims six times by promising their children teaching jobs.
Investigations revealed that Kim fled to Manila in February 2015 on a tourist visa and has not left the country since. Raquepo said the Korean will be deported shortlly. Meanwhile, Morente lauded the improvements made at the Bureau of Immigration Warden Facility (BIWF)
The Bureau of Immigration (BI) has placed on heightened alert its personnel at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) and other ports nationwide amid the ongoing influx and exodus of a large number of international passengers who will be going on vacation during the “Undas” break. Bureau of Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente said he issued the alert directive to prevent human trafficking syndicates from taking advantage of the holiday break to spirit their victims out of the country.
Morente also cited intelligence reports that international human smuggling syndicates might use the occasion to again use Manila as a transit point for illegal aliens who want to enter countries where they want to settle and work illicitly. “Be sure that our immigration officers are always vigilant and on the lookout for these travelers who are victims of these fraud syndicates,” Morente said in his directive to Bureau of Immigration port operations chief Grifton Medina.
Medina, for his part, assured that Bureau of Immigration officers manning immigration counters have been told to be extra careful and meticulous in screening arriving and departing passengers and not to be distracted by the big volume of travelers who always swarm the airports during holidays.
“They were instructed to always practice what they have been trained to do and that is to implement to the letter our rules and regulations on the conduct of immigration formalities for travelers who enter and exit our ports,” Medina said. He said strict departure formalities will be conducted to prevent Filipinos victimized by traffickers from leaving while arriving foreigners will be thoroughly screened to make sure their visas and travel documents are valid and genuine.
PUERTO PRINCESA, Palawan—The Bureau of Immigration (BI) announced that it has deported 294 Chinese nationals in two chartered flights earlier today at the Puerto Princesa International Airport. Bureau of Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente, in a statement, announced the deportation of said aliens who were part of the 329 arrested in 8 different hotels and establishments last September 16 through an operation of Bureau of Immigration Intelligence agents with the assistance of the Armed Forces of the Philippines Western Command (WESCOM).
Page 1 of 2